Today I’m excited to be bringing to the podcast Peter Shankman, a multiple-startup founder, best-selling author, and the creator of Faster Than Normal, a leading ADD/ADHD podcast, focusing on the benefits of being gifted with ADD/HD, which describes who Peter is.
In this episode, we talk about Peter’s new book, Faster Than Normal: Turbocharge Your Focus, Productivity, and Success with the Secrets of the ADHD Brain, along with Peter’s story of how he’s learned how to not only manage his ADHD, but tap into the gifts that come along with the diagnosis.
As the mama of a boy with ADHD, I loved this conversation and Peter’s infectiously positive attitude in the way he moves through the world. But even if your child doesn’t have ADHD or perhaps isn’t differently-wired at all, Peter’s perspective on the importance of self-knowledge and setting yourself up for success, as well as his ideas around productivity and creativity, are messages everyone can benefit from.
About Peter: Peter Shankman is a multiple-startup founder with several successful exits under his belt. He’s a best-selling author, focusing on the customer economy. He’s the founder of Help a Reporter Out (HARO,) the world’s largest source/journalist matching tool, and he runs ShankMinds: Breakthrough, a private, online entrepreneur community with hundreds of members around the world, as well as Faster Than Normal, a leading ADD/ADHD podcast, focusing on the benefits of being gifted with ADD/HD. He can be found at www.shankman.com.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Peter’s story of growing up with ADHD in the 1980’s
- How Peter manages his ADHD without medication to make it work for him rather than against him
- An inside look at Peter’s podcast centered on interviewing successful people about how they tap into the gifts of their ADHD
- How Peter has developed rules and systems for himself to help keep himself focused and on task
- The importance of self-awareness and self-knowledge for people looking to own and benefit from their ADHD
- Peter’s advice for parents raising kids with ADHD
- Peter Shankman’s website
- Faster Than Normal: Turbocharge Your Focus, Productivity, and Success With the Secrets of the ADHD Brain by Peter Shankman
- The Miracle Morning; The Noe-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8am) by Hal Elrod
- The ADHD Miracle Morning with Hal Elrod (podcast episode)
- A Conversation with Asher About His Game-Changing Morning Routine (podcast episode)
- My Best Friend is “Do Not Disturb,” with Emma Havighorst (podcast episode)
THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!
Do you have an idea for an upcoming episode? We’d LOVE to hear from you. Please share your thoughts in our Suggestion Box!
And if you have any other feedback or thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send us a note directly through our Connect form.
If you liked this episode and know of others who would find value in the information, please use the social media share buttons below to help spread the word.
Lastly, if you are so willing, I encourage you to leave an honest review for the TiLT Parenting Podcast over on iTunes. Reviews are very important for helping podcasts find their audiences, and we would love your support in helping us find ours!