Today is another special solocast episode of the TiLT Parenting Podcast—which basically means that rather than have a guest on the show or talking with Asher, it will just be me sharing insights directly with you. From time to time I get questions from members of the TiLT Community who are curious about my personal journey with Asher and are interested in learning more about the strategies I’ve successfully used, and continue to use today.
This episode is the second of several solocasts I’ll be doing focusing on homeschooling. The first episode focused on how we came to the decision to homeschool, because I was very much a reluctant homeschooler. For today’s episode, I’m focusing on the actual transition and that very first year—essentially, how I survived. Because it was not an easy transition, and there were many times when I wanted to throw in the towel. I’ll talk with you about what the biggest challenges were for me and Asher and share with you the strategies I used to push through the really hard stuff and get us to a much better place by the end of that first year.
About Debbie: Debbie Reber is the founder of TiLT Parenting and host of the TiLT Parenting Podcast. She is a New York Times bestselling author, life coach, and speaker. To find out more about Debbie, visit the TiLT Parenting About Page.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Debbie relied tapped into parenting and curricular support
- The importance of a “detox” period for a child transitioning to homeschool
- The power of field trips and community
- How shifting expectations, letting go, and leaning in changed everything
- An Intimate Conversation with Debbie About Making the Choice to Homeschool Asher (Part 1 in this podcast series)
- Alison Bower Consulting (curriculum consulting)
- When School Isn’t a Fit: What To Expect and How to Handle It (podcast conversation with Alison Bower)
- Margaret Webb Life Coaching (parent coach)
- Finding Peace in Parenting the Child You Didn’t Expect When You Were Expecting (podcast conversation with Margaret Webb)
- How Parents Can Survive and Thrive Over the Summer Break (podcast conversation with Margaret Webb)
- What to Do When Close or Extended Family Just Doesn’t Get It (podcast conversation with Margaret Webb)
THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!
Do you have an idea for an upcoming episode? We’d LOVE to hear from you. Please share your thoughts in our Suggestion Box!
And if you have any other feedback or thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send us a note directly through our Connect form.
If you liked this episode and know of others who would find value in the information, please use the social media share buttons below to help spread the word.
Lastly, if you are so willing, I encourage you to leave an honest review for the TiLT Parenting Podcast over on iTunes. Reviews are very important for helping podcasts find their audiences, and we would love your support in helping us find ours!