In this episode of the TiLT Parenting Podcast, I talk with Samantha Ettus, a renowned work/life balance expert, author, radio show host, and media personality. Sam is passionate about helping people, and especially moms, find create a more fulfilled, healthier, and more satisfying life. She writes about her ideas in her new book The Pie Life: A Guilt Free Recipe for Success and Satisfaction.
I was excited to talk with Sam about her new book and ideas behind what she refers to as “embracing the mess and bumps” that come hand-in-hand with living a truly fulfilled life, since messiness and bumps seem to a part of any parent raising a differently-wired kid’s experience. In our conversation, we talk about everything from self-care and intentional parenting to getting our partners up to speed since often moms seem to be the ones holding onto a lot of the information relevant to our kids’ day-to-day life.
About Samantha: Samantha Ettus is a work/life expert whose goal is to find the spark within each one of us and turn it into a fire. She is a best-selling author, a writer for Forbes, a sought after speaker, a Harvard MBA, and host of a nationally syndicated call-in radio show. Sam’s fifth book is The Pie Life: A Guilt-Free Recipe for Success and Satisfaction. Sam has shared her advice on hundreds of television shows and media outlets including The TODAY Show, Access Hollywood, NBC Nightly News, CNN, The Doctors, and Fox and Friends, and in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and USA Today.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Why working moms are, in many ways, set up to fail
- Thoughts on being a more intentional parent, embracing empathy, and seeing our kids for who they are
- What’s reasonable to expect when designing a healthy, fulfilled life, and how to get there
- How to get your parenting partner on-board / up-to-speed on important matters related to our children
- Why self-care is so critical for mothers and how to build self-care practices into daily life
- Sam’s thoughts on juggling work and the unpredictable nature of raising a differently-wired kid
- The Pie Life: A Guilt-Free Recipe for Success and Satisfaction by Samantha Ettus
- Sam’s Tedx Talk: The Secret to Unlocking a Child’s Potential
- Working Mom’s Lifestyle Radio Show
THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!
Do you have an idea for an upcoming episode? We’d LOVE to hear from you. Please share your thoughts in our Suggestion Box!
And if you have any other feedback or thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send us a note directly through our Connect form.
If you liked this episode and know of others who would find value in the information, please use the social media share buttons below to help spread the word.
Lastly, if you are so willing, I encourage you to leave an honest review for the TiLT Parenting Podcast over on iTunes. Reviews are very important for helping podcasts find their audiences, and we would love your support in helping us find ours!